- 1 yard each of 2 coordinating home décor fabrics
- FF79F2 Flex-Foam™ 2-Sided Fusible
- EZ-Steam® II Tape
- Sewing machine and related supplies
- Iron, pressing cloth and ironing surface
Pellon® Products Used
- Cut the following pieces of both home décor fabrics and FF79F2 Flex-Foam™: (2) 17” x 11”, (2) 14” x 11”, (1) 17” x 14”
- Match up and adhere Flex-Foam™ to wrong sides of one home décor fabric, using an iron on the fabric side.
- With wrong sides together and 1/2” seam allowance, sew a 17” side of a 17” x 11” piece to a 17” side of the 17” x 14” piece. Repeat this with the other 17” x 11” piece and the 14” x 11” pieces. All 5 pieces should be connected to create a “+” shape.
- Fold pieces up to create bin shape and pin, right sides of fabric should be on the inside.
- With wrong sides together and 1/2” seam allowance, sew the 11” sides together. Clip corners.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 using the second home décor fabric. Turn right side out. There should be 2 bin pieces – 1 inside out and 1 right side out.
- Apply EZ-Steam® II Tape around the wrong side of the top edges of the bins, peel off paper backing and fold down 1”. Adhere using iron and pressing cloth.
- Place inside out bin in to right side out bin and iron all sides to adhere pieces together.
- Straight stitch around top edge to finish.