- ½ yard grey rib knit fabric
- 1/8 yard (or scrap) hot pink spandex
- 888P Pellon® Wonder-Under® Stretch
- ¾” Elastic
- Leggings template
- Heart template
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing cloth & pressing surface
Pellon® Products Used
- Using the provided pattern, cut 2 opposite legging pieces of grey rib knit fabric.
- On the wrong side of both the legging pieces, turn up the bottom hem by ½” and zig zag stitch across, close to the raw edge.
- With right sides together, match legging pieces together along the inseam and zig zag stitch or knit overcast stitch along the inseam.
- Turn one legging piece right side out and slip it into the other legging piece, lining up the crotch points. Turn leggings right side out.
- Pin together and zig zag or knit overcast stitch along crotch.
- Cut a 19” piece of elastic and zig zag edges together.
- Evenly pin elastic around the top inside edge of the waist.
- Zig zag stitch elastic to the fabric at top edge, stretching elastic flat to the fabric while sewing.
- Fold elastic down inside waist band and pin all around.
- Zig zag stitch around, close to the raw edge.
- Using the heart template, cut a heart out of hot pink spandex and Pellon® Wonder-Under® Stretch.
- Adhere heart to backside of pants following instructions on the interleaf of the Pellon® Wonder-Under® Stretch.