- We recommend pre-washing all fabrics before fusing. This will help remove any finishes that might prevent the adhesive from penetrating the fabric. Also, this should take out any shrinkage from your fabric. Do not use fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
- Always pre-test any fusibles to insure that your fabric is compatible. Be sure to check that the iron temperature is compatible with the type of fabric you are using.
1. Using a pen or pencil, draw or trace your design in reverse on the paper (lighter, matte) side of the backing on the EZ Steam II/ Lite EZ Steam™ II. (If you are using the design in the fabric, you do not need to trace it.)
2. Peel off the waxy (heavier, shiny) backing on the opposite side and place the pressure sensitive fusible web against the wrong side of your applique fabric.
3. Cut out the applique along with the applied EZ Steam II/Lite EZ Steam™ II, following the pattern or design lines.
4. Peel off the remaining backing and position the applique or cut pattern on the right side of your background fabric to create the desired design. Tip: Slightly score paper backing in the middle for easier removal.
5. Set iron to a Cotton setting with steam. Cover with a lightweight, damp press cloth and press down firmly in place for 10-15 seconds. (If fusing to cardboard, paper or wood, use dry press cloth and eliminate steam.) If using a lower heat setting, hold the iron in place longer or repeat process to get a permanent bond.