Follow along with Vanessa Vargas Wilson of Crafty Gemini as she demonstrates how to use EZ-Steam® II and shares some great projects ideas. Love Vanessa’s style? Check out her blog and her YouTube channel.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
Recommended Directions for Use: (Directions given for EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ-Steam® II)
1. Trace or draw design onto gridded backing. If using a design based on the fabric’s pattern, there is no need to trace. (If using letters or numbers, make sure to trace design in reverse.)
2. Remove opposite backing of the EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ-Steam® II. (If necessary, score and bend backing to start the release process.)
3. Finger press sticky side to the wrong side of the appliqué fabric.*
4. Cut out design.
5. Remove gridded backing. (If necessary, score and bend or slightly tear paper to start the release process.)
6. Finger press appliqué onto the right side of the background fabric. The appliqué is repositionable at this point.
7. To permanently fuse the appliqué, set iron to a Cotton setting with steam. Cover with a damp press cloth and press down firmly in place for 10-15 seconds. (If fusing to cardboard, paper or wood, use a dry press cloth and eliminate steam.)
*Alternate application: Finger press the EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ-Steam® II onto the appliqué fabric and press with a hot dry iron for 5-8 seconds. Cut out design and remove the second backing.
- We recommend pre-washing all fabrics before fusing. This will help remove any finishes that might prevent the adhesive from penetrating the fabric. Also, this should take out any shrinkage from your fabric. Do not use fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
- Always pre-test any fusibles to insure that your fabric is compatible. Be sure to check that the iron temperature is compatible with the type of fabric you are using.